Mushroom Cultivation Workshops
The Fungal Kingdom is abundant in powerful medicine that can be cultivated, harvested and transformed into incredibly healing agents. Understanding the mechanisms and cultivation of Fungi can provide access to this rich pharmacopeia. This course is designed to stimulate your growth as fungal ambassador through diving deeper into the art of cultivation and application of mushroom and mycelial medicine.
Founding Foods - MycoBios will be hosting a 2 day all-intensive workshop focusing on advancing the understanding, cultivation, and application of mushrooms. Come join us and take away:
- The medicine of the mushrooms and how it applies to daily life
- Introductory Fungal Biology, Genetics and Ecology as it pertains to cultivation
- Advancing mycological experimentation via cloning and strain selection
- Leveling up your grow: novel techniques and strategies for infrastructure development and cultivation methodology
- A workflow that breaks down each stage into digestible, easy-to-follow steps
- Processing your mushrooms into finished products
- Fungal philosophy as it pertains to community, health and healing.
Through this course you will gain access to:
- A Beginners and Intermediate Cultivation Kit***
- A digital materials list to help you find the resources you need quickly
- A digital recipes and methods break down of each of the methods we review
- An extensive, digital workflow process that provides in-depth analysis of each stage and the processes needed.
- Discounted access to over 15 cultures including clones and selected strains
- Customized strategies curated for your practice
***About the Kits
The Beginners Kit consists of the essential materials required to begin cultivation. This kit includes a glove box, a liquid culture kit (modified mason jars, sterilized liquid culture, syringes), an all-in-one fruiting kit and a liquid culture of your choice from our culture library (example: Lion's Mane, Reishi, Turkey Tail, Oyster Mushrooms and more).
The Intermediates Kit includes an Agar Kit (pre-poured sterilized agar dishes, 1 mushroom culture on agar, agar powder mix, pyrex flask, scalpel & blades),Grain Spawn kit (mason jars with modified lids), and a Fruiting Kit (Bucket and/or mini-fruiting chamber and/or biodegradable mycobag)
This course will primarily focus on the following species:
- Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus)
- Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum)
- Antler Reishi (Ganoderma multipleum)
- Turkey Tail (trametes versicolor)
- Compost Lovers
Designed for the beginner, this Mushroom Cultivation & Application Course will equip the novice mycologist with the essentials of Fungal Cultivation.
This course is taught and designed by a National Science Foundation STEM Education Fellow with a degree in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology from The University of Colorado Boulder. Created through the lens of next generation teaching methods by a High School Science Educator, this active learning module will introduce the complexities of cultivation with hands on learning and applications.
As a team, we will explore the Fungal Kingdom and learn how to cultivate fruiting mushrooms and how to grow mycelium (grain spawn) for everyday uses that range from medicinal, culinary, experimental and regenerative mycoremediation theory.
Throughout this 2day intensive applied mycology course, you will learn about up to date cultivation techniques through hands-on activities while taking a deep-dive into exploring Fungal Ecology, Biology and Evolution. Students will design their own fungi cultivation project and use the learning goals of the course to deepen their understanding of fungi cultivation and application.
The use of Fungi for food and medicine is an emerging science, knowing how to cultivate, identify and prepare fungi is paramount. I received my degree from CU Boulder in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and have been researching mycology from many aspects for the past few years. Knowing how to cultivate organic, potent medicine is a passion of mine that I would like to share with budding mycologists.
After the completion of this course you will have the core skills needed to spread spores and connect the mycelial webs that support the fabric of our communities through health, food and medicine.
Tickets: $250 Now $199! 20% OFF