Mushroom Cultivation Workshops
Online and in-person workshop options. Tickets
The Fungal Kingdom is abundant in powerful medicine that can be cultivated, harvested and transformed into incredibly healing agents. Understanding the mechanisms and cultivation of Fungi can provide access to this rich pharmacopeia. This course is designed to stimulate your growth as fungal ambassador through diving deeper into the art of cultivation and application of mushroom and mycelial medicine.
Founding Foods - MycoBios will be hosting an Online 2 day all-intensive workshop focusing on advancing the understanding, cultivation, and application of mushrooms. Come join us and take away:
- The medicine of the mushrooms and how it applies to daily life
- Introductory Fungal Biology, Genetics and Ecology as it pertains to cultivation
- Fungal Pharmacology
- Advancing mycological experimentation via cloning and strain selection
- Leveling up your grow: novel techniques and strategies for infrastructure development and cultivation methodology
- A workflow that breaks down each stage into digestible, easy-to-follow steps
- Processing your mushrooms into finished products
- Fungal philosophy as it pertains to community, health and healing.
Through this course you will gain access to:
- Beginners Cultivation Kit ($90 value)
- Intermediates Cultivation Kit ($90 value)
- A digital materials list to help you find the resources you need quickly
- A digital recipes and methods break down of each of the methods we review
- An extensive, digital workflow process that provides in-depth analysis of each stage and the processes needed.
- Discounted access to over 15 cultures including clones and selected strains
- Customized strategies curated for your practice
This course will primarily focus on the following species:
- Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus)
- Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum)
- Antler Reishi (Ganoderma multipleum)
- Cordyceps militaris
- Turkey Tail (trametes versicolor)
- Compost Lovers
Designed for the beginner, this Mushroom Cultivation & Application Course will equip the novice mycologist with the essentials of Fungal Cultivation.
This course is taught and designed by a National Science Foundation STEM Education Fellow with a degree in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology from The University of Colorado Boulder. Created through the lens of next generation teaching methods by a High School Science Educator, this active learning module will introduce the complexities of cultivation with hands-on learning and applications.
As a team, we will explore the Fungal Kingdom and learn how to cultivate fruiting mushrooms and how to grow mycelium (grain spawn) for everyday uses that range from medicinal, culinary, experimental and regenerative mycoremediation theory.
Throughout this 2 day intensive applied mycology course, you will learn about up to date cultivation techniques through hands-on activities while taking a deep-dive into exploring Fungal Ecology, Biology and Evolution. Students will design their own fungi cultivation project and use the learning goals of the course to deepen their understanding of fungi cultivation and application.
After the completion of this course you will have the core skills needed to spread spores and connect the mycelial webs that support the fabric of our communities through health, food and medicine.
Day 1 will cover (Beginners):
- The fungamental principles of cultivation
- An introduction to Aseptic Techniques
- A complete guide to materials and how to make them
- Introduction to Fungal Biology, Ecology and Evolution
- Fungal Pharmacology
- From ancient use to current research on medicinal compounds
- Cordyceps militaris
- Reishi (Ganoderma species)
- Lion’s Mane (Hericium species)
- Turkey Tail (Trametes versicolor)
- Oyster Species
- Primer for intermediate cultivation and overview
- A hands on Introduction and guided tour to cultivating medicinal mushrooms in two easy steps
Day 2 will cover (intermediates):
- Working with Agar
- Spore germination
- Strain selection
- Cleaning Contaminated Cultures
- Creating a Culture Library
- Storing Cultures/Genetics
- Working with Liquid Culture
- Contamination/Quality Checks
- Working with Grain for bulk cultivation
- Working with Fruiting Substrates
- 5 lb blocks
- Fruiting Buckets
- Including novel techniques
- Building a fully automated fruiting chamber for home cultivation
- Post Production
- Making medicine with mushrooms
About the Kits:
The Beginners Kit consists of the essential materials required to begin cultivation. This kit includes a glove box, a liquid culture kit (modified mason jars, sterilized liquid culture, syringes), an all-in-one fruiting kit and a liquid culture of your choice from our culture library (example: Lion's Mane, Reishi, Turkey Tail, Oyster Mushrooms and more).
The Intermediates Kit includes all of the Beginners Kit materials as well as an Agar Kit (pre-poured sterilized agar dishes, 1 mushroom culture on agar, agar powder mix, pyrex flask, scalpel & blades),Grain Spawn kit (mason jars with modified lids), and a Fruiting Kit (Bucket and/or mini-fruiting chamber and/or biodegradable mycobags)
Saturday June 6th & Sunday June 7th
1 Day Beginners Workshop
2 Day Intermediate Workshop
In Person Workshop: